Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I wanna be a writer

When I was young I wanted to be a writer.

 I loved making up stories and putting them into book format.  I even wrote a play in 5th grade with songs.  Me and all of the girls in my class would act it out at recess.  (Ya.  We were cool).  It think I still have it somewhere in a box.

As I grew older I wanted to be different things.  Such as an anethesiologist (I just loved saying the word), a teacher, and a nurse.

I obviously haven't gone into any of these fields of study.  Instead I am studying Human Resource Management.

I love HR!

But deep down I still wanna be a writer.

I know I don't usually write the most fascinating or thought provoking blog posts.  But I feel like I have so much untapped potential.

Therefore, I will be writing and publishing a book to fulfill my childhood dream of being a writer.

Hopefully this will happen sooner than later.

I wouldn't mind if I made some money in the process either.

What did you want to be when you grew up?


What do you still want to be?


P.S.
To make this post more visually interesting, I thought I would throw in a cute picture of my baby wearing my ipad sleeve on his head (his idea).

4 comments:

  1. I want to be a writer too!! The hard thing for me is finding any peaceful time to write. Those moments are so rare, ya know? Can you imagine how nice it would be to have that as your real job, where you go sit in a room for hours a day and just write? Man, I would LOVE that! :) So I say DO IT! And let me know when you're published, I will buy your book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of things I wanted to be like a tattoo artist. Maybe on day. Follow your passions. Don't live a life of regrets. I am right behind in all that you want to do. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted to be a writer, but I'm better at reading. Please write a book so I have something new to read!! What did you decide about work? I just read your old posts. Photography is a pretty good thing for me to do because obviously I set my own hours and don't have to put my kids in daycare, just get babysitters once in awhile. And I totally understand about feeling like someone else could probably teach my kids more than being home with me. But the times when I get busy and the house and the kids are obviously suffering from my lack of attention I wish I could just be a stay at home mom again. Since we've been in Arizona I have pretty much done no photography and I am LOVING being around my kids all day again. I always thought it was a nice break from the kids to work and I loved them so much more and appreciated them more when I got home, but then I was still working!! It's so much better to just get a babysitter once in awhile and go to a movie or sit around at barnes and noble or get a pedicure. I'm interested to hear what you decide and how it goes so keep me posted!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm late responding to this but I just wanted to tell you how impressed I am and how well I know you'll do! I believe everybody has creativity inside just waiting to be harnessed, and yours is already VERY apparent with all the amazing projects you do. I love your goal board too, btw.

    Thanks for being such a patient and supportive friend while your life is so hectic; you are a true friend!!! So happy to be getting to know you better, and I love that you have this blog to help me do so. :)

    XOXO!

    ~E

    ReplyDelete